We have ample parking in and around Downtown Clayton.
There is a lot of parking in Downtown Clayton! Most streets have on-street parking and there are public lots in many places including Horne Square and Town Square. Public lots are designated by a blue sign with a white "P" in the center. You may need to park a block or two away from your destination-but we hope you encouraged to walk and experience ALL that Downtown Clayton has to offer!
Here are some parking guidelines:
- Parallel park within 18 inches of the curb.
- Park in the direction of travel. Parking in a way that your left tires are at the curb is prohibited.
- No overnight parking in Municipal parking lots.
- Operating hours for all designated municipal parking lots is between 5:30 AM and 11:00 PM on Sunday to Thursday.
- Operating hours for all designated municipal parking lots shall be between 5:30 AM and 12:00 midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- Parking is prohibited on
- In front of a public or private driveway
- Within an intersection
- Within 30 feet of an intersection
- On a crosswalk or within 30 feet of the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign, or traffic-control signal
- Within 20 feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station, and on the side of a street opposite the entrance to any fire station within 75 feet of the entrance when properly marked
- Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when stopping, standing, or parking would obstruct traffic
- On any bridge or other elevated structure or within any underpass structure
- Within an officially designated fire lane
- Within five feet of a private road or driveway
- Parking on One-Way Streets is restricted. No person shall stand or park a vehicle upon the left-hand side of that one-way roadway unless signs are erected to permit such standing or parking.
- Parking vehicles for sale or maintenance is prohibited. No person shall stand or park a vehicle upon any street for the principal purposes of:
- Displaying it for sale
- Washing, greasing, or repairing a vehicle, except repairs necessary in emergency situations
- Storage thereof by garages, dealers, or other persons
- Storage of any detached trailer or van when the towing unit has been disconnected, or for the purpose of transferring merchandise or freight from one vehicle to another
- Parking for advertising purposes. No person shall stand or park a vehicle on any street for the primary purpose of advertising except in the case of political signs as provided for in § 155.083(C) of the Zoning Ordinance.
The Town of Clayton's complete Parking Ordinance is available to read online. There's also a list of streets where parking is either prohibited, restricted by hours or designated for handicap accessibility.